Remember When

The La Porte Theatre, circa 1920. To the left can be seen the Hotel Lincoln sign and entry, and the Hudson, Essex and Packard dealership. The theater opened on July 23, 1923 as a movie theater and playhouse. It seated 1,576 and the large tower was once lit with multiple glass panes. Over the years, the stage was also used for vaudeville and concerts. Ethel Barrymore did a one night stand appearance here in “The Constant Wife.” It was demolished in December 1977. For information regarding this photo, contact mbarber@laportecountyhistory.org.

Remember When

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.