Remember When

Submitted by the La Porte County Historical Society MuseumBigelow’s Mill in Clinton Township was located two miles north of Wanatah. It was built in 1837 by the family of Abijah Bigelow, the only Revolutionary War soldier buried in Greenwood Cemetery in Michigan City. The Mill’s water source was Hog Creek. A settlement sprung up around the mill and included a store, shops, a school and a post office. Operations ceased about 1885 when Hog Creek dried up. For information regarding this photo, contact mbarber@laportecountyhistory.org.

Remember When

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.