Remember When

Submitted by the La Porte County Historical SocietyThe Peristyle at the Michigan City Beach, shown in this 1906 postcard, was completed in 1893. It symbolized the park for more than half a century, and was used for picnics and special events in the park and was located just east of the Soldiers and Sailors Monument. The peristyle was donated by John Barker and copied after a building at the Columbian Exposition of 1893 in Chicago.

Remember When

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.