La PORTE — The La Porte City Band will perform its sixth concert of the season on Wednesday at 7 p.m. at the band shell of beautiful Fox Park. This is the 140th anniversary season of the band, which is under the direction of Charles Steck.
The program for July 10 includes:
• Liberty Fleet — Karl L. King
• Mancini! — Arr. Alfred Reed
• With Malice Toward None — James Swearingen
the honorable Mark Krentz, narrator
• American Civil War Fantasy — Jerry Bilik
• Belle of the Ball — Leroy Anderson
• Bandology — Eric Osterling
Mackenzie West, guest conductor
• Les Miserables — Claude-Michel Schoenberg
• Klaxon — Henry Fillmore
We welcome La Porte Mayor Mark Krentz as our guest narrator. Krentz is a life-long resident of La Porte and has been very active as a performer in the La Porte Little Theater. He and his wife, Laura, have also been featured vocal soloists with the La Porte County Symphony Orchestra.
Mackenzie West, saxophonist with our band, is our guest conductor. West is a 2016 graduate of La Porte High School and is entering her senior year at Marian University, where she is studying music education.